College Feb Shopping - Awkward...
>> Saturday, January 31, 2009
Don't get me wrong, I'm positively stoked for Middlebury on Tuesday. I've started collecting my stuff in the living room...probably way more than I need to bring and also started buying some organization stuff.
Today I took a big trip to the Container Store (shamefully one of my favorite places in northern New Jersey) and I couldn't help thinking how awkward of a time it is to go to college. There I was in the hanger isle with all the moms. There were no sales and there was no "cute" dorm stuff that you think of when you think COLLEGE SHOPPING.
Shouldn't college shopping be more fun than that? Shouldn't there be huge signs and frills and useless decorative garbage cans and even more useless colorful chairs that end up taking up half the room?
But no. I was the only person under forty in the Container Store today. I just hope it's not as awkward of an experience when I get there -- If you're a Feb...I'd love for you to comment about your experience!







