Off to South America
>> Saturday, January 15, 2011
After a grueling 3 flights overnight, I arrive in Cusco, Peru tomorrow afternoon. Jose's sister, Mary, will pick me up from the airport, probably try to feed me and then I'll hang out and take a nap in Jose's apartment until he gets home from the Inca Trail around 7.
The game plan: I'm going to be with Jose in Cusco until January 24th or so when I head to Bolivia to start my program (the School of International Training - check it out!). I'll be in Bolivia until my program ends on May 9 (my birthday and the most anticlimactic 21st ever!). Following the program, the rest of May and June is up in the air. I'm hoping to get an international research grant from Middlebury to do research for my senior thesis about indigenous child servants, but there are a few months until I even apply for that grant. I'm home for the month of July and then I'm heading to Brazil for the fall...if I can remember any Portuguese...
So, with that, here's a map of Bolivia and I'm off to start my adventure. I'll be staying mostly in Cochabamba, which is a city smack dead in the middle of the country. I can't wait to see the salt flats, Potosà mine, Lake Titicaca from the Bolivian side and everything else! But for now, Cusco!








