A good first week in Niterói
>> Friday, August 5, 2011
As much as I wasn't ready to leave the U.S. after only a month at home, it's nice to be settled here in Niterói. I feel like I have privacy (including my own fancy bathroom) and a space to retreat when I need to, a family that provides a good balance between comfort and independence and a city that's waiting to be explored. Despite my ATM card not working, class registration being awful and endless language difficulties, things aren't going badly.
This weekend we're headed to Teresopolis, which is a little city about 2 hours from Niterói. Teresopolis is going to be pretty chilling, maybe dipping down to 40 degrees, but according to Lonely Planet, it's supposed to be naturally beautiful, seated right next to one of Brazil's national parks. We're going to drink wine, have a barbecue and explore the town with our host family.
The picture I posted here is the bay that's only 2 blocks from our house!
In good spirits and ready for an adventure this weekend,
Elizabeth








0 comments:
Post a Comment