Welcome to The Faded Suitcase. Feel free to look around. Powered by Blogger.

Disney World for Adults

>> Sunday, December 7, 2008

I am spending the week with my sixteen year old brother and parents in Orlando, FL and one thing I am learning is that you are never too old for Disney World.

We've decided to do Disney World "adult style" and take a little slower, less "Mommy! Daddy! Let's get autographs and do everything!" approach.

I went to Disney three times growing up, but haven't been back since I was 11. Now that I am older, I've noticed that I'm taking in a lot more of the detail, the architecture. What goes on behind the scenes of that safari ride? What kind of people work in the restaurants?

Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely becoming a child again - still experiencing that overwhelming bliss at 9:00 AM when you open the gates to see everything ahead of you.

If you have grown children and are looking for a blast from the past, go to Disney. Eat a chicken leg and a lot of ice cream and laugh at all the mothers chasing after their children.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP