Welcome to The Faded Suitcase. Feel free to look around. Powered by Blogger.

Travels with my Aunt

>> Thursday, January 15, 2009

Travels with my Aunt was my second Grahmn Greene work. As a person who is travel obsessed, I found this book exciting and entertaining.

Greene says in the beginning that he wrote Travels with my Aunt for fun. He meant it to be funny and a good, leisure read.

I couldn't put it down. I love the character that Greene makes of the aunt. I love her spontaneity and wit. He contrasts the aunt's crazy character with the nephew's rather boring life. His greatest pleasure in life is watering the flowers outside his house.

The aunt shows him excitement and shows him how to really live, a lesson that we can all learn.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP