Da Conch Shack Restaurant, Turks and Caicos
>> Monday, January 12, 2009

I always knew "Da Conch Shack" as Bugaloo's, and I'm still not quite sure why they changed the name. The usage of "Da" is a little silly in my opinion, but gives it a cute feel.
Da Conch Shack (I feel silly just saying it) has the best conch that I have ever tasted. It doesn't matter what type of conch you get, cracked conch, sauteed conch, conch fritters (I feel like bubba in Forest Gump), it's all fresh. The secret? It's actually not a secret at all. They pull the conch out of the ocean right in front of you, take it out of its shell, clean and cook it.
Can you handle a meal that fresh?
The restaurant is just about as casual as you get. You go in shorts, bathing suits, whatever and sit outside on the picnic tables. The service is friendly, fun and down-to-earth.
It's a great family place to go, eat some conch, watch them preparing it and ask questions to the chefs about the edible wonders of the ocean. It's also great if you're a couple in need of an afternoon rum punch. I have to admit that I haven't tried the rum punch, but according to their website, they're "infamous." I'm not sure how a rum punch can be infamous, but I'll just go with it.
Da Conch shack is great for an afternoon activity on the island. Enjoy it!
View Da Conch Shack Website







